A boil water advisory has been issued for the town of Attica in Harper County. The Kansas Department of Health and Environment issued the advisory because of a loss of pressure. A loss of pressure can lead to a loss of chlorine residuals and bacterial contamination. The order will stay in effect until further testing is commenced.
- Boil water for one minute prior to drinking or food preparation, or use bottled water.
- Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from a household automatic ice maker.
- Disinfect dishes and other food contact surfaces by immersion for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
- Water used for bathing does not generally need to be boiled. Supervision of children is necessary while bathing so that water is not ingested. Persons with cuts or severe rashes may wish to consult their physicians.
- If your tap water appears dirty, flush the water lines by letting the water run until clears.
You must be logged in to post a comment.